What actions have you taken regarding COVID-19?
To reduce transmission and to maintain healthy business operations, TerraVista ensures all of it's employee's to wear a mask when in close contact with others and to wash hands or use sanitizer after sneezing or coughing. We are maintaining CDC guidelines throughout this difficult time.
What is your safety policy?
It is the policy of TerraVista to ensure a safe, healthy workplace for all its employees. Injury and illness losses from incidents are costly and preventable. TerraVista will employs an effective accident and illness prevention program that involves all its employees in the effort to eliminate workplace hazards.
All employees are expected and encouraged to participate in safety and health program activities including but not limited to the following: reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents immediately to their supervisors or a safety committee representative; wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE); and participating in and supporting safety committee activities.
Are you licensed? Insured?
- NC Landscape Contractors License
- NC Irrigation Contractors License
- NC Pesticide Applicators License
We also have workers compensation, liability and vehicular insurance as well.
Why should I invest in your program?
We all know that kitchen remodels have a great ROI (return on investment) rate for the interior of your home, but did you know that landscaping investments have an even better value? According to the Wall Street Journal, updating your landscape can boost your home's value anywhere from 5% - 20% making that a 100 - 1,000 ROI rate!
Wow! You guys did a great job on our new plant install... Now what?
- Newly planted trees and shrubs need regular and consistent watering until root systems establish.
- 1-2 weeks after planting, water daily.
- 3-12 weeks after planting, water every 2 to 3 days.
- After 12 weeks, water weekly until roots are established.
- When watering newly planted trees, apply 1-1.5 gallons per inch of stem caliper (width) at each watering (e.g. 2 inch tree trunk will get 2-2.5 gallons of water).
- When watering newly planted shrubs, apply a volume of water that is 1/4 - 1/3 of the volume of the container that the shrub was purchased in.
- Apply water directly over the root ball.
- Weather will play an important role in this schedule as well and will need to be adjusted accordingly. Too much water or too little water will negatively affect your plant's health.
Are there any benefits to overseeding and aeration?
Overseeding and aeration provide the most optimal results for your lawn when done in the fall. Overseeding will give your lawn healthier and thicker grass, helping to improve your home’s curb appeal. Lawn aeration increases the airflow to grass roots which improves their depth and strength. Aeration and overseeding work hand in hand as lawn aeration provides a good foundation for overseeding.
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today!