Looking for an experienced Crew Leader/Foreman who takes initiative, understands correct installation techniques and leads by example. Must be able to multi-task and direct crew members accordingly.
The Landscape Foreman’s responsibilities include overseeing the construction of outdoor spaces, monitoring and training workers, supervising the use of equipment, ensuring staff observe safety guidelines and protocols, and completing various administrative duties. You should also have leadership skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
To be successful as a Landscape Foreman, you should be able to both follow and provide instructions. A top-notch Landscape Foreman should constantly be expanding their horticulture knowledge and be a keen problem-solver.
- Delegating tasks and overseeing the use of tools and equipment.
- Recruiting and training new crew members.
- Assessing progress and making recommendations to supervisor.
- Ensuring all crew members obey health and safety regulations at all times.
- Completing landscape design and construction.
- Overseeing maintenance of lawns and gardens, and ensuring proper use of pesticides, fertilizers, and other chemicals.
- Completing inventory checks and equipment inspections.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in landscaping.
- On-the-job training as a landscape crew member.
- Experience in a leadership role would be advantageous.
- Ability to provide clear written and verbal instructions.