The Landscape Maintenance Foreman is responsible for directly supervising a crew while on the job site and ensuring the crew works safely and efficiently while delivering quality jobs on time. This position is responsible for developing and training crew members, planning, assigning and directing work, managing and maintaining material and equipment, and addressing and resolving customer issues. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Work with management to create schedules and follow job specifications, including materials and timelines.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and timeframe.
- Ensures contractual obligations are fulfilled in a manner that is in line with proper horticultural practices.
- Complies with equipment preventative maintenance program.
- Inspects each job site weekly and maintains punch lists given by Supervisor while on site.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes, efficiency, and quality.
- Responds properly to the client’s requests; follows up to make sure their needs have been met.
- Keeps Supervisor aware of all client concerns and communication on the job site.
- Maintains safe working conditions on job site at all times; follows and implements all company safety guidelines.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of professional landscape maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- General knowledge of irrigation systems.
- General knowledge of horticultural and maintenance practices.
Skills & Abilities Qualifications:
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English; bilingual in Spanish highly preferred.
- Ability to train others and exercise leadership skills.
- Demonstrates dependability; consistently at work and on time, responds to management direction and commits to the required hours for job completion that will vary based on weather/season.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to solve conflict while keeping emotions under control.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct a team in a manner that uses time efficiently.
- Has the aptitude to identify and act on opportunities to help and support work efforts of the team.
- Can safely operate and maintain all equipment used for landscape maintenance.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Works around hazardous equipment with moving mechanical parts.
- Works outside in all weather conditions, including cold, heat, temperature swings.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, requiring hearing protection.
- Works in corridors with uneven terrain.
- May be exposed to nature, i.e. irritating plants and biting or stinging insects.
- May be exposed to fumes/odors, dust/mites, chemical and/or waste hazards.
- May be exposed to dogs and other animals.
- Work may be performed at varying heights above ground.